Wednesday 26 September 2012

The Evening Chill Out Session

How these dance CD’s that sound like a geezer smashing 10 bells of shite out of his new culinary equipment can be released as a ‘chill out session’ is beyond me.

If I’m listening to a set of songs to chill out with, have a sup of ale with, you can bet your boots none of these ‘chill out’ CD’s will be anywhere near my sound system.

So I got to thinking, what would I pick as my chill out tunes? Well, here they are. Agree or not I’m sure you’d love to chill out with them deciding!

So top ten, leading to our victor looks like this……….

Number 10 – Kate Bush.- Running up that hill.

Ouch, this song is sharp. Beautiful fucking song, one most definitely to chill out with.

Number 9 – Alabama Shakes – You Ain’t Alone

Sleepy time. Giddy gum drops this one is a dream.

Number 8 – Stone Roses – Adored

It’s a tune. A massive fucking tune. It’s also calm in its way too. Love it.

Number 7 – The Smiths – I Know It’s Over.

A depressing number for the chill out zone? Fuck off this is Morrissey. He’s magic and this tune is deep, slow and massively listenable. (Is that even a word?)

Number 6 – Beady Eye – The Roller

I want these in the selection list because I think Liam and co have done a marvellous job here. Massive band in my eyes and this is a subtle one to make the list. There are others on the album but this is just huge right?

Number 5 – Oasis – Let There Be Love

Touching hey. It’s fabulous and it’s by Oasis. Enough said.

Number 4 – Arctic Monkeys – Mardy Bum

Can these little rockers really make a chill out session? Cause they fucking can. Have you heard this one? It’s a sing-a-long hit, it’s still relaxing and it’s a jib at everyone’s mrs. Love it.

Number 3 – Stone Roses – Mersey Paradise

They make it a second entry. They are that good and this is one of their greatest hits. Why a b-side I’ll never know. Enjoy it as it takes you into our top 2.

Number 2 – The Verve – The Drugs Don’t Work

It’s a fabulous, fabulous song. The magic on The Verve is driven at you by the majestic tone of Ashcroft’s voice. This is a must for the chill out zone.

….and number 1? Them again?













Number 1 – The Verve – Lucky Man

Our number one is from my number one. Richard Ashcroft has a voice made for chill out sessions and Lucky Man is arguably The Verve’s greatest work. I love it, you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment